About us

Holy Faith Episcopal Church
One Hundred Years of Ministry

 

Built and consecrated in 1914 as the first Episcopal church in Inglewood, California, Holy Faith Episcopal grew out of the dreams of a small group of worshipers who met for “Church School” services led by Rev. Charles de Garmo. As the group grew, a donation from Mrs. Charles Howland, the daughter of the church's first warden, Daniel Freeman, funded construction of the church, designed by architect Philip Frohman, and said to be the finest example of true Gothic architecture in the West. By the 1950’s, Inglewood had changed from a farming community to a center of the newly created aerospace industry. Holy Faith's congregation had increased to over a thousand families, and both church and parish hall buildings were expanded.  

 

The congregation was changing also, and by the 1960’s, becoming multi-cultural with the addition of African American, African, and Latino parishioners.   During the last twenty years, Holy Faith has seen a growing commitment to multicultural ministry and to the cause of peace and justice.   Church “outreach” programs grew from mission fundraising to housing food banks, after school programs, nutrition and fitness programs, and youth “alternatives to violence” projects.  The Episcopal Urban Intern program was also housed at the church.  In 2011, Holy Faith celebrated its 100th anniversary in a rededication to community needs.   Our current Priest in Charge, Father Francisco J. Garcia Jr., challenges us to tackle the ongoing issues of fairness and economic justice for all who live and work in our community .


Download the PDF for more info:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quienes Somos

Iglesia Episcopal Santa Fé tiene 100 años de ministerio

Construida y consagrada en 1914 como la primera iglesia Episcopal en Inglewood, Ca. Santa Fé Episcopal se formó de los sueños de un pequeño grupo de devotos que se reunían para "la escuela dominical" dirigida por el Rev. Charles de Garmo. A medida que el grupo aumento en número, una donacion fue hecha por la Sra. Charles Howland, hija del primer guardian de la iglesia Daniel Freeman. Esta donaciòn financiò la construcciòn de la iglesia que fue diseñda por el arquitecto Phillip Frohman, que dicen, es el màs fino ejemplo de arquitectura gotica del Oeste. Para 1950, Inglewood dejò de ser una comunidad agrìcola para ser un centro nuevo de la industria de aeroespacial. La congregaciòn de Santa Fè habìa aumentado a màs de mil familias y ambos edificios, la iglesia y la sala parroquial fueron expandidos.

 

La congregaciòn tambièn estaba cambiando y para 1960, convirtièndose en multicultural con la adiciòn de Afro Americanos, Africanos y feligreses latinos. En los ùltimos 20 años Santa Fè ha visto un gran compromiso al crecimiento del ministerio multicultural y a la causa de la paz y la justicia. Programas de "alcanze" de la iglesia se expandieron de misiòn de recaudaciòn de fondos a bancos de alimentos, actividades despuès de la escuela, nutriciòn y programas de acondicionamiento fìsico, y proyectos de "alternativas a la violencia" juvenil. El programa Episcopal Urbano de Residentes (Internos) fueron hospedados en nuestra iglesia. En 2011, Santa Fè celebrò sus 100 años de aniversario y se rededicò a las necesidades de la comunidad. Nuestro sacerdote, Rev. Francisco J. Garcia Jr., nos reta a atacar los problemas que continùan de injusticia y justicia econòmica para todo el que vive y trabaja en nuestra comunidad.

© 2016 Holy Faith Episcopal Church. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • facebook-square
  • Twitter Square
  • Google Square